Future of Mining Americas back in Denver
To focus on digitization, innovation, future mining workforce North of 60 Mining News – September 13, 2019
Last updated 4/20/2023 at 12:29pm
Future of Mining Americas conference takes place at the Sheraton Denver Downtown Hotel from Oct. 21-22 with a strategic focused commercial and operational agenda connecting the industry across the Americas.
Key speakers on the agenda include: Freeport McMoRan Vice President and Chief Innovation Officer Bert Odinet; Anaconda Mining COO Gordana Slepcev; Sibanye-Stillwater Environmental Manager Randy Weimer; Integra Resources Communication Director Joshua Serfass; Lesley Warren, director, Lassonde Institute of Mining, University of Toronto; Thomas Kirk, senior associate, Rocky Mountain Institute; and Jon Wylie, President, Global Natural Resources, Proudfoot.
With over 250 professionals expected to be in attendance, the two-day Future of Mining Americas will cover a vast range of content spanning the entire mining life cycle with technology, development and sustainability at its core. The agenda focuses on areas of development and the challenges ahead as mining begins to look beyond the now and plan for the future.
Key questions the conference will seek to answer include:
• Case Study: Stillwater’s Good Neighbor Agreement — how has this taken shape and adapted to the needs of the community surrounding the Stillwater and East Boulder mine?
• How can the risk of a Tailings Storage Facility (TSF) failure be managed from the outset?
• How can miners build and integrate an effective digital strategy into their operations?
• What steps can the industry take towards breaking down barriers and being more open to real collaboration and sharing information?
• How real is the risk of falling short in the quest for new industry talent?
The conference is supported with partnering solution providers including Komatsu, MMD, Proudfoot, Infosys, Aspentech, Isometrix, Scania, thyssenkrupp, Uptake, Amcast and VEGA.
For those who are interested in discussing new ideas, concepts and strategies; the Future of Mining is a great opportunity for those conversations and connections.
This second edition builds upon last year’s successful event in Denver with the Future of Mining conference series now having a foothold around the globe with the Future of Mining Australia (third edition taking place in Sydney March 23-24 2020) and the recent successful launch of the Future of Mining EMEA (September 4-5) in London.
For more information on the Denver show visit https://americas.future-of-mining.com/
For all the latest conference updates, follow on LinkedIn and Twitter using the hashtags #FutureofMining and #FOMAmericas.