Victoria grows Raven gold mineralization
One expansion hole cut 65.7 meters averaging 2.77 g/t gold North of 60 Mining News – October 23, 2020
Last updated 10/22/2020 at 2:48pm
Victoria Gold Corp. Oct. 19 reported wide sections of strong gold mineralization during the 2020 drill program at Raven, the newest discovery on the company's 555-square-kilometer (214 square miles) Dublin Gulch property in the Yukon.
Discovered by Victoria geologists in 2018, Raven is a near surface gold target about 13 kilometers (eight miles) east of the company's Eagle Gold mine.
Trenching at Raven in recent years has encountered strong gold mineralization. Highlights from this work include:
• 124 meters of 3.51 grams per metric ton gold in TR18-33.
• 50 meters of 4.15 g/t gold in TR18-37.
• 12 meters of 7.91 g/t gold in TR-19-15.
Drilling completed at Raven during 2019 showed high-grade gold within wider bulk tonnage mineralization:
• 88.1 meters of 0.6 g/t gold in NG19-011C, including 2.8 meters of 7.72 g/t gold.
• 166.4 meters of 0.46 g/t gold in NG19-12C, including 5.9 meters of 4.48 g/t gold.
• 139.3 meters of 0.41 g/t gold in NG19-13C, including one meter of 9.9 g/t gold.
Victoria reported that the 13 holes drilled this year have expanded Raven to 750 meters along strike, tripling the extent of known mineralization from 2019.
The most exciting intercepts of the 2020 season came in NG20-033C, a hole that cut 65.7 meters of 2.77 g/t gold about 250 meters east of previous drilling.
Other highlights from the 2020 drilling at Raven include:
• 19.8 meters of 1.01 g/t gold in hole NG20-024C.
• 4.7 meters of 1.24 g/t gold in NG20-026C.
• 21.1 meters of 1.02 g/t gold in NG20-027C.
• 5.5 meters of 1.47 g/t gold in NG20-031C.
• 16 meters of 2.31 g/t gold in NG20-034C.
"We are very excited with the grade and scale Raven continues to return," said Victoria Gold President and CEO John McConnell. "Raven remains open in all directions and to depth, representing a highly prospective target as we continue to define the Dublin Gulch Camp."
The company said the 2020 drilling has determined that the gold mineralization at Raven extends into previously untested areas covered with metasediments. Importantly, this overlying metamorphized sedimentary rock cover obscures the large surface gold-arsenic-bismuth anomaly and proves the Raven mineralized trend is far larger than previously interpreted.
The recently completed 2020 Dublin Gulch exploration program included 8,040 meters of diamond drilling in 35 holes; more than 3,000 meters of trenching; and the collection of 3,700 soil samples.
In addition to Raven, this program included 590 meters of drilling, 720 meters of trenching, and more than 1,600 soil samples at Lynx, a high priority target about nine kilometers (5.6 miles) southeast of the Eagle Mine.